Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Hawaii Loa Ridge - October 1st, 2012

One more month only until my next surgery! Trying to do a hike a week! It's like I'm counting down to dooms day!

This ridge is pretty intermediate, it's about 5-6 mikes round trip, and I'd suggest some decent cardio skills, my partner this day found out the hard way :) I'm happy with myself, as it was hard, I didn't want to fling myself off the cliff after a big climb lol!

It was warm this day! Hawaii loa ridge is located in Hawaii Kai in a gates community, need Hawaii drivers license or military ID, parking is all the way at the top at a nice little park!

We started, views were gorgeous, but as we proceeded it started to cloud up, a little worried we turned around per summit, it still was a great hike, it's about a 2100 elevation climb I want to say total, maybe a little more, check out Stewart ball Jr., his write up in the hike is great, (hiking guide to Oahu)

Here are my pics

No comments:

Post a Comment