Search This Blog

Monday, October 22, 2012

Mount olympus - October 19th, 2012

A hike that continues past the waahila ridge state trail or the kolowalu trail where the two meet! You will see a sign that says, "don't go past, trail not maintained" aka this is fun, so you should probably do it!

First do your research! This isn't a hike to take the young ones on, or a hike if you have never hiked before, it can be pretty challenging! There are some very narrow ridges, steep game over drops, high winds, and slippery clay mud, come prepared! Gloves, maybe even micro spikes if you wish, plenty if water and snacks! It can take anywhere from 4-7 hours depending on your capability! It took us 4 hours!

The first part of mount olympus is easy, it's when you get to the first clearing it starts to get real! It's a good hike though!

Watch your feet, where your stepping, and always keep your balance in check! My husband said I was down playing this hike from what I read, and I did, it was harder than I thought it'd be!

I'd rate this at intermediate, maybe 6 mikes round trip, in burned 2500 calories doing this!

No comments:

Post a Comment